If you have any comments or questions about this notice, feel free to contact us at email@example.com
1. Personal data that we process
For signing up to local networks we will ask for you name, email address and if you consent, your phone number. This is used to administer the local networks only and your personal data will only be visible to Christians in Sport staff administering the networks.
Your name will also be passed onto the local network co-ordinators so they can see who has signed up.
Your email, as outlined, may also be used for marketing purposes related to relevant events, news, resources and campaigns run by Christians in Sport.
2. How we use your data
We will only use your data in a manner that is appropriate considering the basis on which that data was collected, as set out above.
For example, we may use your personal information to:
- Reply to enquiries you send to us;
- Where you have specifically agreed to this, send you marketing communications by email relating to our work which we think may be of interest to you.
3. When we share your data
We will only pass your data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- You have provided your explicit consent for us to pass data to a named third party;
- We are using a third party purely for the purposes of processing data on our behalf and we have in place a data processing agreement with that third party that fulfils our legal obligations in relation to the use of third party data processors; or
- We are required by law to share your data.
In addition, we will only pass data to third parties outside of the EU where appropriate safeguards are in place as defined by Article 46 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
Cookies and tracking pixels
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
Please note that all of these Cookies exist to enable functionality on the website and not for advertising purposes. If you do not wish these cookies to be tracked you can disable them in your browser, but this may negatively effect your experience on the site.
With emails sent from our email platform, Mailchimp, we use industry standard web beacon trafficking to monitor how many people open and engage with our emails to better improve our communications with you. If you do not want this to happen you can turn images off in your emails or change settings within your email client to block this information from us.
Third parties we use
To process and administer the local networks we use three platforms where your data may be processed:
ThankQ CRM - customer data storage
Mailchimp - emailing
Charity Suite - local network administration
4. How long we keep your data
We take the principles of data minimisation and removal seriously and have internal policies in place to ensure that we only ever ask for the minimum amount of data for the associated purpose and delete that data promptly once it is no longer required.
Where data is collected on the basis of consent, we will seek renewal of consent at least every three years.
5. Rights you have over your data
You have a range of rights over your data, which include the following:
- You have the right to know what data Christians in Sport holds on you and how it is used
- Where data processing is based on consent, you may revoke this consent at any time and we will make it as easy as possible for you to do this (for example by putting 'unsubscribe' links at the bottom of all our marketing emails).
- You have the right to ask for rectification and/or deletion of your information.
- You have the right of access to your information.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner if you feel your rights have been infringed.
A full summary of your legal rights over your data can be found on the Information Commissioner's website here: https://ico.org.uk/
If you would like to access the rights listed above, or any other legal rights you have over your data under current legislation, please get in touch with us.
Or write to our Data Protection Lead at Data Protection, Christians in Sport, Telford Road Industrial Estate, Bicester, OX26 4LD.
Please note that relying on some of these rights, such as the right to deleting your data, will make it impossible for us to continue to deliver some services to you. However, where possible we will always try to allow the maximum access to your rights while continuing to deliver as many services to you as possible.
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above. In some cases, we are able to send you direct marketing without your consent, where we rely on our legitimate interests. You have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing, or profiling we carry out for direct marketing, at any time. You can do this by following the instructions in the communication where this is an electronic message, or by contacting us using the details set out below.
If you believe Christians in Sport has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner. For more information visit www.ico.org.uk.